Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Sakinah. Mawaddah.Rahmah

I had to take a leave to attend pre-marriage course cos i thought, might as well get it over and done with so that i could focus on doing the preparation after raya.

I didnt put up high expectation for these 2-days event so i brought along another sequale of thriller fiction and my organiser. just in case i doze off, u know;)

I had fun observing the participants instead..

* Out of curiosity, i simply scanned through the name list and IC number because majority of them couldnt be more than 20 years old. Spot on! i wished to ask those 15 years old, what they were doing in this course?? shouldnt they go to school or at least stay at home and help their parents?? goodness gracious, i was busy having fun with my girlfriends and drooling over hot celebrities(shahrukhkhan,LOL?!) around their age. am i ancient?

* I saw it once and i double-checked again. I secretly hoped that the girl only had big tummy and not actually being pregnant. Naive as i might be, her petite frame told me otherwise. I didnt know how to regard the scenario-that it's actually good for her to finally get married or cursed her for carrying baby out-of-wedlock ?

* What should i say about the talk itself? That the one and only example every speaker could think of when it comes to marriage issue is sex. There were at least 5 different terms or sounds they came up with to describe coitus. The only logical explanation i could came up with was that they had to tally the speech content with the audience. As i've mentioned, majority were barely more than 20 years old so these religious personnel had to feed on the kids' raging hormone..or, simply their own??

*I figured that i learned more from reading Saifulislam series than attending this. I have no complaint though cos i secured myself a hidden spot and got engaged in the forensic thrill so by the end of it, i'm done reading the book.

Whatever it is, formality is still a formality. I'll still be going tomorrow.

2 comments:

hafizahmaha said...

LOL! Biar betik. Now I feel like attending kursus kawen. Never knew the participants would be so 'fascinating'. I've always had a feeling that the talks would be rather pointless, but having to resort to making sounds to describe sexual intercourse has got to be Malaysian sex education worst case scenario.

Btw, Sakinah Mawaddah & Rahmah tu name participants yg umor 15 years old tu ke?

Sile sambung story on Friday ok. See ya.

yatt said...

Hahaha, we should go together, would be more fun!

Takla, the title is actually the main essence if keeping a marriage; hardly being elaborated in the course..unfortunately..learnt it through books instead.

Sorry, Friday didnt happen. collapsed in between EOD calls.