Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Day One



So today is officially my day one of being a medical officer. Yes, i graduated from housemanship 2 months ago but i would not consider myself as an MO during my opthalmology placement. I didnt use enough brain cells and do much job to qualify as one during the period.





I managed to get the appeal through and started my district placement in HTM instead. Of course i was all nervous and excited at the same time being in new place and environment. I tried to adapt quick.





By 10 am after a quick brunch, i tagged doing medical round then went to cover casualty with another MO. A nice and decent chap. There'll be three of us covering medical.





The pace in this hospital is just nice, not too rushy but not so slow. Everyone's friendly and chatty. The cases that came in today were the usual, nothing emergency. My good buddy was there for a while to accompany me.





By 5pm, i was practially exhausted and starved, but nothing to whine about. I enjoyed listening to the heart and chest, talking to the patients and trying to make up a diagnosis from their story together with my finding. My brain is finally working again after a short dormant period.





I felt contented with my day, anxious nonetheless to start doing oncall this friday. Finally, i feel like everything falls into the right place.





To tops everything up, i'm going for a course in PULAU KAPAS next week!!

p/s: to celebrate, i put up my old blog over the right top. enjoice!

No comments: